Thursday, March 20, 2008

How Short ARE You?

I get this question a lot. So here it is:
Driver's licence says 5'0" (but that's a bit of a stretch ...literally... and the lady at the DMV knew it. She had pity on me, though and let it fly). In reality, I'm 4'10 and 1/2" ...and don't forget that 1/2". It's important!

Interesting facts:
  • "The American Academy of Pediatrics... says that most kids aren't ready for regular seat belts until 'the child reaches about 4'9" in height and is between 8 to 12 years of age."
  • "Little People of America (LPA) defines dwarfism as ... an adult height of 4'10" or shorter, among both men and women."

So that means I'm only an inch and a half from still needing a car seat and half an inch from legally being considered a dwarf. THAT'S how short I am!

I like to keep in mind the following..."Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Alma 37:6

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog :)
Good luck with Dental school!

Annalisa said...

That's so funny and sad at the same time, but yeah for that inch and a half.

Christine said...

I didn't think you were that short. I'd have guessed 5'2" or so. It must be your towering presence that throws me off. :)

CAROLSmilesBRIGHT said...

one of my old managers was either 4'9" or 4'10" ... it was funny. it was always a trivia question and store meetings ... How short am I?

Jenn said...

Hey you are welcome to comment on my blog! I love visitors! I think I remember you from when I live there. You moved into Tami's old apartment right????

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I don't care how short you are... I cant ever remember that you are short because of your big....Heart... yeah.. that is it... Your big heart!!! ( I can't write anything naughty on here you know) I miss you!!!! Love G.

Annalisa said...

Gina, I think Shana was talking about how short she is physically not how short mentally and probably could handle what you were really going to say. LOL. Her big hair? Rana discovered big hair really does keep her cooler in TX humidity. Big oh...yeah, you wouldn't want to say that. Sorry Shana!

Shanana said...

Boobs, Gina.

Add yourself to the guestbook

You don't have to have a blogger account to sign in, and it takes but a moment to complete. I can't wait to see all the different places that pop up on the map! If you have a picture to upload, please do so. This will be a great way to remember all the family and friends that keep spreading out accross the globe and to see who stops by for a random visit. Welcome to our blog.